Tuesday, June 2, 2009

You are now about to enter.... the THIRD dimension!!

I found a cool application online. It's Google's Sketchup. It's basically an entry-level 3D CAD program made simple and pretty for everyday folks. You don't have to be an engineer to use it.  I'm already thinking of all the trouble I could get into with this program. And it's FREE!!

Last night I did a model of the case for the MFOSSU. Wasn't too tough, but there is a (very) little learning curve. Not nearly as hard to learn as a vector-based graphics program.

Gonna make the case out of some nice hardwood--maybe walnut. The white space on the right is where the expander panel will go (it has some extra functionality: ring mod, ADSR, and some other stuff that the main unit doesn't have). The panel is posted on the MFOS site, but I don't think it's finalized yet. So I'm gonna wait before I do anything with it.

The big black rectangle is a tray. It's basically just a nice convenient spot to put all the patch cables when they're not being used. I may end up using that space for some small modules, more like guitar effects... delay, chorus, phaser, etc. that I'll be able to patch into.


No comments:

Post a Comment